An appealing website will go a long way in making your internet marketing extremely successful. A shoddily or poorly done website will only send a single message to a visitor, shoddy and inferior products. It is therefore quite clear that your website must be done in a way that will make a visitor want to linger on.
An appealing website will go a long way in making your internet marketing extremely successful. A shoddily or poorly done website will only send a single message to a visitor, shoddy and inferior products. It is therefore quite clear that your website must be done in a way that will make a visitor want to linger on. If people move on to other websites the minute they give yours a single glance, then its time you seriously thought of improving it and below are some ways to do exactly that:
IMPROVE YOUR WEBSITE AND ENHANCE YOUR INTERNET MARKETING
1. Take a good look at the background of your website - what are the colors doing for your website? A lot of texture will only tend to distract your visitors and so will a lot of graphics. The color for your background should differ considerably from the content otherwise your text and images might become less obvious to the reader. Black and white is the way to go - white for the background and black for the text. If you are willing to experiment with brighter colors like reds, oranges, greens and the others, look for an expert to avoid blunders.
2. Try to balance your web page as much as possible - whenever visitors gain access to your page, the first thing that they focus on is the text, the graphics, images and all else come much later. Consider that most people will actually focus on the left side of your web page before spreading out to the rest of the page. Another important thing is to keep your page simple and uncomplicated by getting rid of anything that is of no value to the visitor.
3. Make navigation easy for your visitors - internet marketing involves making your web visitors enjoy being on your page as much as possible, however, if navigation proves to be a bit difficult for them, they will move on without further ado. To achieve easy navigation, fashion a toolbar with easy to navigate links and make sure that the toolbar is positioned intelligently. Most people will expect the toolbar to be at the top or the left side of your web page. Always remember to add a link to your homepage.
4. Make sure that your page loads as fast as possible - if your web page takes time to access, people will get impatient and move on. To make connection faster, get rid of graphics that are uncalled for like flash graphics which have been known to delay loading.
5. Break text into paragraphs for easy reading - create headings and subheadings and use a different font for them. Bold the keywords and phrases or have them done in a different color from the text. This will make it easy and fun to read and your visitors will hardly get bored.
6. Consider the scrolling - there is nothing more annoying for a web user than scrolling from left to right, in short, get rid of horizontal scrolling. Vertical scrolling is much better but it is better to put the information in another page altogether and provide the link. Remember that in internet marketing, it is the visitor that will eventually become a paying customer, so his or her comfort should become your first priority.
By: Luke Ross